The Motorola CP200 is one of the models from Motorola’s line of communication devices. These walkie-talkies are packed with features for professional use in commercial settings. Though there are many other choices in the market, what makes the CP200 stand out?
The next concern most customers have is the worth and value of any walkie-talkie device in the market. A wide range of products is present, and hefty price tags can become a deal-breaker for choosing the device. Below is the product information and review that can give you some insight and support for your purchase decision.
- Brand: Motorola
- Range: not stated
- Power output: 1 watt, 4 watts, and 5 watts
- Frequency ranges: 136–162 MHz, 146–174 MHz (VHF), 403–440 MHz, 438–470 MHz, 465–495 MHz (UHF)
- Battery: Lithium-ion rechargeable Battery
- Size: 5 x 2.4 x 1.75 inches
- Weight: 0,94 lbs (with battery)
- Waterproof: no
- License needed: yes (FCC license)
Scope of Delivery
The CP200 model comes with a standard package per order. Some basic inclusions come with the device. Always check your package to verify complete inclusions and pertinent information about the device model.
- Motorola CP200 device
- User Guide
- Belt clip
- Li-Ion Battery
- Charger base
- Charger cords
- Charger instruction manual
For non-technical users of any device, setting up and initialization can become very stressful and annoying. Luckily, the CP200 is easy to put into installation and use. You don’t need to spend days or weeks trying to figure out how the device works. Everything is in the user reference guide, so you don’t need to worry about guessing how to set the device.
First, insert the battery at the back of the device and power on the CP200. Check for the current battery levels and charge first if necessary. Attach the antenna and additional accessories. Turn on the CP200 and choose the channel you will use.
The CP200 has an IP (Ingress Protection) rating of IP54. The IP54 classification means that the device can withstand limited water and dust intrusion. You can still use the device in settings with fine particles, but if the device can’t completely keep the fine particles from going inside the device.
The device is not waterproof, but it can withstand high function demand and daily use.
There are four types of batteries that can power the Motorola CP200. You can choose from the following compatible battery packs:
- 2250 mAh Li-Ion battery (part of the basic inclusion)
- 1600 mAh Slim Li-Ion battery
- 1400 mAh NiMH
- 950 mAh NiCd battery pack.
The device lasts up to 17 hours of continuous use before you need to charge the unit. If you need to recharge the unit, place it on the charger base and plug in the adaptor to a power source.
There is no specific maximum range for the CP200. However, for most two-way radios, the surroundings and environment influence the performance of the product.
You can expect as much as 6 miles between two CP200 handsets for an open field without any obstruction. For urban settings, a 2-mile distance limits the communication between the radio devices.
The power output of the CP200 is 1, Watt, 4 Watts, and 5 Watts, depending on the frequency band in use.
The CP200 comes with the Very High-Frequency band and Ultra High-Frequency band. For VHF, 136–162 MHz and 146–174 MHz. For UHF, 403–440 MHz, 438–470 MHz, and 465–495MHz.
The CP200 has 4 or 16 channel capacity available for commercial use. The walkie-talkie operates with the FCC License for the business. If you are operating the CP200 for commercial use in the United States of America, it’s best to get an FCC License first for compliance and operation.
The features of any device can make or break your choice in purchasing the item. Everybody has different needs from a two-way radio device. The CP200 offers the following features and functions.
- Programmable buttons:
- The CP200 allows up to 4 programmable features with two buttons. You are never too out of reach for the functions you constantly use.
- Privacy codes:
- Privacy is key in radio communication. You can set 42 standard TPL codes and 84 standard DPL codes.
- Auto squelching:
- Nobody likes having unexpected noises and sounds coming from their receivers. As such, the auto squelching function of the CP200 reduces noise to conserve the bandwidth of the device and save energy.
- MDC1200 Signaling:
- No device is ever safe without any protective features present. The MDC1200 Signaling is the solution present in the CP200 as a security feature of the device. The device allows authorized caller IDs to contact your CP200 handset.
- Rapid rate charging:
- If you ever need a fast charge to power the CP200, the charger base supports this function. Put your CP200 device on top and set for a rapid rate charging to power boost the handset for a minimal time.
- VOX function:
- Sometimes, multitasking can become very difficult when you’re carrying around a walkie-talkie while working. Luckily, the hands-free function is available in the CP200 via the VOX function.
- Talkaround feature:
- With the Talkaround feature, there is no need to use the repeater for more direct communication. This saves both speakers some time as you are directly communicating to others, bypassing repeaters.
- Push-to-Talk function:
- When you need to be discreet and careful during some instances, carrying a CP200 may be a disadvantage. The PTT feature allows for one simple push of a button to communicate directly to another person.
- Tricolor LED lights:
- Lights are helpful alerts in case of emergencies. The CP200 has three colors to send out visual signals in the dark.
- X-Pand Technology:
- In a radio device where sound is crucial, you want to have crisp and clear audio always. The X-Pand Technology is the CP200’s solution in providing clear voice communication that gets the message across without any complication.
The Motorola CP200 retails at an average of $400, at least for brand new units. For each modification and added accessories, the total costs increase. In comparison to other models and brands, the Motorola CP200 is high. However, the walkie-talkie’s features and design get the job done.
The Motorola CP200 is for commercial use, and Motorola doesn’t fail in delivering products that cater to that need. All types of businesses can benefit from the CP200 model. For simple communication features and needs, the CP200 outperforms other models in the same playing field. Consider it an investment for running your own commercial space.
- Caters to commercial use
- Supports a lot of channels
- Durable and long-lasting unit
- Works well in noisy environments
- Suitable for event organizers, set managers, or any work position that needs constant movement and communication
- 2-year warranty to support service for the device
- Older model from Motorola products
- It lacks a lot of advanced features that are present in other radio devices.
Conclusion – Motorola CP200 Review
There is always an excellent device for any setting and communication. Whether you need a communication device in a retail store, a commercial building, or on the move during work, the CP200 offers these essential features to you. The device is simple to use for all people in the workplace.
The model has all the essential functions and features for seamless communication and organizational integration. The durability and function of the Motorola CP200 outweigh the cost of the device. If you’re looking for starter walkie-talkies to personnel who are running your establishment, the CP200 doesn’t miss the mark.
Where can I find a Manual for the Motorola CP200?
For the user manual of the Motorola CP200, click this.
Which Accessories for the Motorola CP200 are useful?
- Windporting Remote Speaker Microphone* (PMMN4013)
- Universal Chest Pack (HLN6602)
- Mag One Ear Receiver (PMLN4443)