I recently bought an Apple Watch, which has the new Walkie Talkie feature, and I love it, the Apple Watch has this feature called Walkie Talkie App, where it lets you talk to people in just one tap. I was amazed when I found out that you can get in touch with your friends in a very convenient way as possible. By simply adding them, sending them invitations, and if they accept the invite, that is it, you can now make a conversation even if you are on a hectic schedule and running some errands. It is also applicable as long as your friend wears their apple watch and the walkie-talkie feature is on. Also, what I liked about it more is that Apple here in the USA offers such great consumer law rights where we have a one year limited warranty.
However, when you are in the middle of a crowd and realize that your walkie-talkie feature is not working, it is very convenient to know what to do, so I compiled below some step-by-step solutions to solve your problem walkie-talkie problem on your Apple Watch.
First and foremost, you have to Check your FaceTime App if it is correctly installed.
FaceTime is an application created by Apple that lets people make video calls easy and convenient. FaceTimes is necessary for the walkie-talkie to work you have to double-check if you accidentally deleted your FaceTime app. If you found out that you have deleted it, do not worry because you can redownload and reinstall anytime from the app store using your iPhone.
Here is how to download and install a FaceTime application. Follow this step-by-step guide I made:
- To start, simply type and search FaceTime on the Apple store; when you see it, click download and wait for it until it is finished.
- Now that you are sure you have a FaceTime app, it is time to turn it on. To see if it is turned on, simply go to settings and tap the FaceTime app. Then, click the turn on button.
- After you made sure that it is turned on, go to the FaceTime app, and double-check if it is set up correctly. To successfully do this, try making a FaceTime call from your watch.
- If you already downloaded the FaceTime application on your iPhone device, you can still not see the walkie talkie app. You might have deleted it on your Apple watch. Just like FaceTime on your iPhone, it is still not a big problem, you can download it again anytime and install it on your Apple watch.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you redownload your app:
- To start, open the app store on your Apple watch. Then go to the search box and search using dictation or scribble. After that, click the cloud icon and tap the download and install the application.
- If it is still not working, try to visit and check if you signed in your Apple ID to all devices when connecting in the walkie-talkie. FaceTime requires you to enable it on the paired iPhones.
- You have to ensure that you verify your phone number and your Apple ID emails so you can be reached by the FaceTime app easily. To see that, you must see the checkmark on your phone number and your Apple ID emails in the FaceTime setting.
- Please bear in mind that if you do not put or share an Apple ID with a walkie-talkie as a shared Apple, it will not work.
Second, you have to ensure that the Apple’s app, the Facetime and walkie-talkie are running and working.
Usually, potential issues or the downtime of the services lead to real problems. To check that quickly, follow these step-by-step guide:
- To start, open your browser on any Apple devices.
- Next, you have to look for the support system of Apple and go to the status page.
- Last, is locate the service of walkie talkie and seek for the FaceTime app. Here are the tips on how to troubleshoot it.
- First, If it is in the color red, it is offline and down, meaning that your walkie-talkie service is not functioning or perhaps disrupted. The only thing you can do in this situation is to wait until Apple checks and fixes it.
- Second, if it is in the color green, it means it is working and running, which means the problem is not here, and it might be somewhere else. Follow other tips below to find out what is the problem with your Apple watch walkie-talkie.
Third, you should consider making an update to your devices, both your iPhone and Apple watch.
Always be sure that your Apple Watch and iPhone are in the latest version of watchOS and iOS. When you are updating, you should update first your iPhone then followed by your Apple watch. Here is a step-by-step guide in updating your iPhone and Apple Watch:
There are two ways available to update your iPhone. You can choose either of the two because it will still work the same. Find what makes it easier for you.
First, updating without a wire needed:
- To start, open your iPhone, then go to Settings, open the General, and the last look for the software update. In software updates, of course, it shows the updates, and if there is an update available for you, you can follow the onscreen instructions to do it.
The next way to update is using your device through a computer.
- To start, you have to connect your iPhone to your computer. The next step is to open the iTunes app or go to finder and follow the next onscreen instructions.
Here is a step by step I listed on how to update an Apple watch. There are also two ways to do it.
- First, you can choose to update your Apple watch using your device’s iPhone: To start, you have to open your iPhone, then go to the watch app, open it, go to the General, and the software update.
- The next way is to update it directly. On your Apple watch, go to the settings section, then open the General, and last is the software update.
Fourth, you have to make sure that you and your friend both have a FaceTime app installed on your iPhone device.
The first step to make sure is that you have a FaceTime application on your iPhone. You will not see the walkie talkie app on your Apple watch if there is no FaceTime application installed on your iPhone.
If you accidentally deleted the FaceTime application, you can always redownload and reinstall it. Then next is make sure that it is turned on your friends devices too,
Check it by following the step-by-step process I made:
- To start, you have to simply go to the settings section and go to FaceTime.
- After that, you need to double-check the Apple ID if it is signed in.
- As always, you can practice or try it by making FaceTime audio calls.
- Lastly, observe if the FaceTime application is working correctly.
Fifth, if you cannot send or receive a walkie-talkie invitation, make sure to see if it is set right.
Please make sure to check the FaceTime settings on your iPhone if they are set right. I listed the step-by-step process below to do it:
- To start, simply open your iPhone device, go to the settings section, and go to the FaceTime app. After you have to look for the section where you see the “you can reach by FaceTime at” section, also, please make sure that your email address is the one that is selected.
You can also check to resend an invitation. Here are the guides on how to do it:
- On your watch, just go to the walkie talkie app. Then, swipe left in the contact section. Tap the delete button. Then resend the invitation you want to send.
Sixth, always ensure that the date and time settings are correctly set up on your iPhone device.
To do it, here is a step-by-step guide I listed for your convenience:
- First, go to the settings, tap on the general section, and you have to look for the date and time. After that, ask yourself if it is in the correct order. Does it follow the requirements? Or Did I miss something?
- However, for insurance, you can opt to put the set automatically option.
Seventh, you can choose to Restart your Apple watch.
Like in any device, we needed to restart it somehow just once if it worked for too long and needed to restart. Here is a step-by-step guide I made to restart your Apple watch.
- First, simply press and hold the side button to restart your Apple watch, and wait until the power off slider shows. Then slide the switch to pull it off. Lastly is to watch your iPhone until it turns off. Then to open, you press and hold the side button and wait until the Apple logo appears; if the Apple logo appears, it means it is opening.
- Always remember that if your Apple Watch is charging, you cannot restart it. So what you have to do is take off the charge first and then follow the steps I have mentioned above.
- Next is if your device cannot be restarted, then you have to force restart it.
- Just a little reminder that never force restart your Apple watch when you are in the process of updating to watch OS. Only do it when the Apple logo appears and the progress wheel. If that shows, you have to wait until it finishes. Or just simply, leave it for the meantime on its charger.
Again, never forget that force restart is not something you usually do. It is the last choice if only your Apple Watch is not responding.
To do the force restart, here is the step-by-step guide to force a restart:
- To start, simply press and hold both of the slide buttons and, of course, the digital crown for up to 10 seconds or more.
- Then release bearing to both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Eighth, if restarting your Apple Watch does not work, you have to restart your iPhone.
On restarting your iPhone. Here’s a step-by-step guide to follow. Remember that for every model or unit of iPhone, there are some changes on steps that vary.
For iPhone x, 11, or later versions, here is the step-by-step guide to restart your iPhone:
- To start, simply press and hold the volume button or the side button until the slider power shows.
- Next is drag the slider to shut down and wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute. And wait until your device entirely shuts down.
- To turn on your iPhone back, you have to long press and hold the side button and wait until the Apple logo appears.
For older iPhone models, here is the step-by-step guide to restarting your iPhone:
- To start, simply press and hold either the side or top button and wait until the power off slider shows.
- After that, drag the slider in shut down, and you have to wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it entirely shuts down.
- To open your iPhone again, you have to press and hold the side or top button and wait for the Apple logo to appear.
Lastly, you have to check the FaceTime app if it is available in your region.
If you tried all of these and still cannot see the walkie-talkie app, perhaps the Facetime App is unavailable in your country or region, so you might want to consider that.
Nevertheless, I know that the walkie-talkie feature on the Apple watch is fantastic. It helps you make your communication way more manageable and more convenient; through the walkie-talkie app, you can get in touch with your friends and family even if you are in a hurry or running some errands. With this walkie-talkie app, the communication experience is very different, but it will make your life easier.
Imagine in just one tap, you can get to talk with your friends, but there are times we have to consider that no matter how great the technology is, there will come a time that you have to troubleshoot your Apple watch. In that case, remember to always check the FaceTime app if it is deleted or not. With that, practice checking your Walkie Talkie app on your Apple watch if it is also installed. Also, please make time to ensure that it is turned on in settings. Always put in mind to check if you share your Apple ID because, in that case, it will not work. Even in times of need, you can opt to restart your iPhone or Apple watch. However, bear in mind that the force restart is always your last resort. Now, I want you to enjoy and talk to your friends through your Apple watch walkie-talkie.