Ease of communication is perhaps the most excellent convenience the advancement in technology can offer. With these rapid technological innovations, life becomes more straightforward and uncomplicated.
However, nothing beats the comfort and efficiency of keeping in touch with a walkie-talkie. It is especially useful in regional or remote areas where signals are weak, and data receptions are poor. The DeWalt DXFRS800 is a decent option for you when it comes to reliable walkie-talkies.View on Amazon*
- Brand: DeWalt
- Range: up to 300,000 sq. ft.
- Power output: 2 watts
- Frequency ranges: XXX
- Battery: 462-467 MHz (FRS)
- Size: 7.27 x 2.58 x 2.17 inches
- Weight: 0.77 lb (without batteries)
- Waterproof: yes (IP67)
- License needed: no
Scope of Delivery
When you order DeWalt DXFRS800, it comes in a standard package with several accessories included. Before purchasing the product, it is best to know the basic inclusions and accessories that come with the device, as well as relevant information about the model. Upon delivery, check the package to verify complete inclusions and model description.
The basic inclusions that come with the DeWalt DXFRS800 include:
- 2 DeWalt DSFRS 800 two-way radio
- AC Adapter
- 1 rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Micro-USB Desktop Charger with dual pocket
- Micro-USB cable
- 2 holsters
- User’s Guide
In case you want to add some accessories such as external speakers and microphones, additional fees will be incurred.
Setting up a DeWalt DXFRS800 is an uncomplicated and easy task. You will not need to go through complex initialization processes. So, those non-technical individuals will not have to worry because setting up this two-way radio is just a simple job.
To set up, you need first to remove the holster and use a proper screwdriver to unscrew 3 screws at the battery door. Then, place the rechargeable Lithium polymer battery inside the compartment. Lastly, return the battery compartment cover, screw down the screws, and reattach the holster.
With the technological advancements, several walkie-talkie problems like the accumulation of dust and unintentional water accidents have been addressed in the form of waterproof and dustproof features.
The DeWalt DXFRS800 is a waterproof device that provides optimum protection from full immersion in 1-meter deep water for about 30 minutes. Moreover, it is also equipped with a dustproof feature offering dust protection.
With an impressive battery capacity, the DeWalt DXFRS800 is equipped with a 2000 mAH rechargeable Lithium polymer battery. The device can last up to 18 hours of usage without the need to charge.
Ideal for on-site business settings, this two-way radio ensures a wide range of coverage of constant communication between staff and management and prompt response in emergency situations.
However, it is important to note that several factors may affect signal range transmission. With DeWalt DXFRS800, the range spans over 300,000 square feet or up to 25 floors indoors.
The DeWalt DXFRS800 operates on an Ultra High-Frequency Band with 462.5625 to 462.7250 MHz. It comes with 22 FRS channels with 38 CTCSS and 83 DCS codes, amounting to 121 preset privacy codes.
This affordable and high-quality two-way radio can be operated in the United States of America without acquiring a license from FCC or other regulators.
The DeWalt DXFRS800 has numerous unique features that make it a reliable, durable, and must-have gadget ideal for on-site business settings. Listed below are the fantastic features of this device, making it a “jack of all trades” in the workplace.
- Channels and Security:
- The DXFRS800 comes with 22 preset channels with 121 privacy codes ensuring a secure communication.
- It also offers an additional security feature by providing a key lock to avoid manual intrusions and channel changes. With this, you can set a private keypad code to your device, and it will be required whenever someone tries to change the channel.
- Auto Squelch:
- Having scanty coverage and loud background noises while communicating is quite a nuisance. Fortunately, the DeWalt DXFRS800 has an auto squelch feature that helps get rid of background noises and weak transmissions so you can have clear and uninterrupted communication.
- This two-way radio has an easy and quality view LCD display. Its clear and sharp display is particularly useful in bright or poorly lit environments.
- Charging Dock:
- The DeWalt DXFRS800 provides a charging dock offering adjustable charging mechanisms.
- Roger Beep Tone:
- The DeWalt DXFRS800 is equipped with a Roger Beep Tone feature which lets you know if you have completed the transmission and signals if it is clear to talk.
- VOX Function:
- One amazing feature of this device is its Voice Operating Function which allows a hands-free operation. This hands-free function of DXFRS800 allows you to multitask. You won’t have to deal with the difficulty of carrying around your walkie-talkie while doing your other responsibilities.
- Vibration Alert:
- With its new VibraAlert feature, the DeWalt DXFRS800 notifies you when there is an incoming call or another user is attempting to communicate with you. With this, you will not miss any calls.
- Speaker/Microphone Jack:
- The device allows you to use a variety of external speakers, headsets, and microphones. However, you will need to buy them separately as it is not included in the package.
- Power Saver:
- One of its important features is it is programmed to switch to battery-saving mode after 10 seconds of no detected transmission. The DeWalt DXFRS800 comes with a special circuit that helps increase its battery life.
- Shock Resistant:
- Knowing that portable devices are prone to get dropped, the DeWalt DXFRS800 is designed to be shock-resistant which can survive a drop of 2 meters.
Moreover, it features an anti-slip coat. Its exterior is rough and rugged, which helps users not to easily drop the device.
The price of a DeWalt DXFRS800 two-way radio varies depending on the added accessories. But, usually, it costs about $149.99. Its price is medium compared to other models and brands.
Considering its price, it is an extremely tough and effective two-way radio suitable for professional settings like businesses, on-site contractors, and organizations.
- Provides an anti slip coat
- Has a battery saving function
- Promotes a secured communication
- Enables you to work properly in a noisy environment
- Operates on 22 FRS channels
- Has waterproof and dustproof features
- IP67 waterproof
- Not suitable for long distance range.
- Belt clip is inconvenient
Conclusion – DeWalt DXFRS800 Review
Walkie-talkies are designed for various purposes. In choosing the perfect two-way radio, it is important to know what suits your purpose.
The DeWalt DXFRS800 is best suited for professional or business settings. It has a considerable amount of unique features and functions that make it a reliable, sturdy, and high-performing gadget in the workplace. It features a durable and high-quality use yet has simple functionality.
If you are looking for a walkie-talkie to use for your business or other reasons, the DeWalt DXFRS800 is the best choice for you.View on Amazon*
Where can I find a manual for the DeWalt DXFRS800?
Click here to view the user’s manual.
Comparisons with this Walkie Talkie