Once nature rears its unwanted behavior, the Midland T51VP3 Two-Way Radio Pack can come in handy when you plan to go on outdoors. Clear Band innovation is in this high-quality dual-radio set for optimal transmitting, audio, and reception. One such radio is ideal for camping, cycling, and walking because it has 22 channels and then a 28-mile range. Midland T51VP3 is an admirable option for any explorer.
These Midland Radios are excellent in size, range, durability, quality, ease of use, weight, operation, battery life, and price. Read on to learn more about its functionality and specifications.
- Brand: Midland
- Range: 28 miles
- Power output: 0.5 watts
- Frequency ranges: 462-467 MHz (FRS/GMRS)
- Battery: NiMH rechargeable battery or 3 AA Alkaline batteries
- Size: 6.1 x 2.2 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 0.3 lb
- Waterproof: no, but water-resistant
- License needed: no
Scope of Delivery
When you buy this gadget new, it comes with the following components together with the radio:
- Two Midland X-TALKER T51VP Two Way Radios
- Rechargeable batteries
- Two belt clips
- Desktop-style charger
- USB cable (micro)
- User-guide manual
This is what you’ll have in the box, which is straightforward and right away.
Since it’s a two-way handheld walkie-talkie radio, then the only thing you need to do is install its battery packs and attach its belt clip. The setup would be just synonymous with most two-way radios available in the market.
It would only be easy for you once you read the user manual carefully. The manufacturer’s user guide is in plain English, so you’ll never have trouble reading it.
The Midland X-TALKER T51VP is not fully waterproof nor ready to be submerged underwater. However, it’s only water-resistant, meaning it can only resist minimal amounts of water splash but not entirely.
This handheld radio includes rechargeable NiMH battery packs once you purchase. But, it can also work using three ‘AAA’ alkaline batteries that are not in the package the moment you buy it.
Moreover, its rechargeable battery packs can do more than you can imagine and are the ideal power option for you. It can last 8 to 10 hours up-time but can run less depending on how heavy a user can be with a power output of 0.5 watts.
This handheld radio works with 22 GMRS/FRS channels, NOAA weather parameters (weather alert), 38 privacy standards, and ideal reachability ranging up to 28 miles (usually less than 0.5 miles in mountainous regions). It is backward compatible with some other FRS/GMRS devices, allowing for dependable two-way connectivity.
These midland two-way radios can reach 462.5625 MHz to 467.7125 MHz bands of the 22 channel scans compatible with FRS/GMRS. Before, this handheld radio required an FCC license. However, due to updates in the commission, it no longer needs one. Thus, it’s safe to say that Midland T51VP3 is a license-free radio.
This optimal handheld radio has a lot of features to offer.
- Dual power option:
- Either using the three ‘AAA’ alkaline batteries or the rechargeable NiMH batteries, you can optimize the device’s power consumption. These choices will allow you to work simultaneously when one option is out. Remember, the rechargeable battery packs are only included in the package, not the AAA ones.
- Weather channels using NOAA Weather Alert:
- A 24-hour automatic VHF FM forecast radio system for weather stations in the United States (U.S.) that transmit atmospheric data directly from the nearest National Weather Service station. Whenever applicable, local or regional forecast models, summaries, climatic summaries, or region waters predictions are all part of the programming cycle.
- eVOX Hands-Free Operation:
- When VOX is turned on, the mic is constantly listening to your voice. When it recognizes that you’re speaking, this will begin transmitting seamlessly.
- Silent Mode Operation:
- You may silence this gadget by turning off any activity tones, such as call ringtones. You can use it for hunting or in any situation when noise is a problem.
- Automatic Channel Scan:
- Thanks to an automatic channel scanner, consumers may freely choose which channels are already in use.
- Capable of resisting water penetration to some extent but not totally
- Battery Life Extender:
- Keeps your device’s battery inside a healthy charging range, resulting in a substantially better battery lifespan
- 38 privacy codes:
- You will be capable of communicating across two radios free from interruption. You may also have a specific group assigned with the same channel or codes to efficiently interact with only a group of people at a time.
- Mic and Headphone Jacks:
- This will enable enhanced mobility when you keep the device inside your pocket while engaging in an activity.
- Keypad Lock Option
- Because the gadget will be in your pocket most of the time, its keypad lock feature prevents unintentional button pressing. You don’t have to worry about it changing configurations or frequencies while it’s in a pocket.
- 22 channels in total:
- This works interchangeably with GMRS/FRS radios which is ideal for two-way communications
- 28-mile range captivity:
- This can work well on hunting, hiking, and exploring activities with your family
- 7 FRS channels:
- Through the FRS channel, a license would not be required.
- 8 GMRS channels:
- This is optimal for short-range connectivity.
- 7 shared FRS/GMRS connectivity channel:
- This provides you compliance with FCC rules.
- RoHS (Lead-Free) Complaint:
- Attempts to reduce the use of hazardous compounds (such as lead) do not fully eliminate the usage of a tiny proportion of them.
The Midland T51VP3 is currently priced at $49.99 on Amazon, specifically claiming this item is unavailable. Compared to other walkie-talkies on the market, this Midland model is decent for its price due to its performance and features. Most customer reviews on Amazon are highly positive, enabling it to be a preferred item.
- dual power options with low power indicator
- 28 miles range of connectivity
- hands-free operation thru eVOX
- silent mode capable
- NOAA weather alert ready
- power consumption optimal
- channel selection automated ready
- less usable in mountainous terrain
- currently unavailable on Amazon
- not fully waterproof
Conclusion – Midland T51VP3 Review
Every device has advantages and disadvantages. This is a simple truth that’s completely unavoidable at all. You may enjoy some aspects of the product, but its physical attributes and user experience can’t be on the same level. At the same time, some gadgets grab your attention due to their physical looks but lack any distinguishing features.
In a nutshell, the Midland T51VP3 would be the right option for family use. This device can be helpful if you want to teach your kids how to operate radios. It has standard features such as 22 channels with 38 privacy codes, ideal for conversations.
The 28-mile range, secrecy code options, and dual battery settings of this device make a better choice than several walkie-talkies. Moreover, with only minimal drawbacks from the device’s features, you can surely enjoy the great outdoors.
You can consider buying this two-way radio if you’re planning on an adventurous family or personal trip. Using the comprehensive review above, this model of Midland will make sure you are having the most out of it.
Where can I find a manual for the Midland T51VP3?
You can download the manual here: https://midlandusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/T50-Owners-Manual-Rev-C.pdf.