The Retevis RT1 16-channel Two-Way Radio is designed for rigorous use and is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and industry employees. It has a 4-mile range, tough housing, loudspeakers, scramble function, and other features. The Retevis RT1 is a tough gadget to beat when it comes to heavy-duty labor. In fact, it’s one of my top recommendations for long-range two-way radios.
- Brand: Retevis
- Range: 6 miles
- Power output: not stated
- Frequency ranges: 400 – 520 MHz (UHF)
- Battery: Li-ion 3000mAh rechargeable battery
- Size: 9.45 x 6.89 x 2.76 inches
- Weight: 0.77 lbs
- Waterproof: no
- License needed: yes (FCC license)
Scope of Delivery
The Retevis RT1 may be purchased singly, as a pair, or even as a five-piece set. If you decide to purchase a single unit, the following items are included in the package:
- Retevis RT1 Two-way radio
- 2 Antennas (high-gain and common antenna)
- 3000 mAh Li-ion battery
- Desktop Charger
- AC/DC adapter
- Belt Clips
- User Manual
Align the two grooves of the battery with the guide rail on the back of the aluminum shell, making sure they are parallel, and then push the battery up to the radio base along the rail on the back of the aluminum shell until the battery latch latches.
Align the threaded end of the antenna with the threaded hole at the top of the radio and tighten the antenna clockwise.
Align the two holes of the belt clip with the two holes of the radio, then secure them using the M2 5×5 screw provided.
Short, thick antennas are best for short-distance communication, whereas long, thin antennas provide superior communication. You will not be bothered by wearing the radio around your waist. In poor weather or amid trees, the communication range will be limited; I needed to plan ahead to avoid any communication or security issues.
I could not find any information about the Retevis RT1 being waterproof. It’s better to not submerge it in water or get it splashed by water just to be safe and not to waste the investment you made on this particular walkie-talkie.
The device’s battery is also one of the highlights of this Retevis RT1 review. The device is powered by a Li-ion 3000mAh rechargeable battery, which is unlike typical two-way radios that use NiMH or alkaline batteries. This is excellent news for power users since the RT1 can operate for up to 24 hours and standby for up to 260 hours.
You won’t have to change the batteries very often because they’ll last for an entire day of operation. When comparing the Retevis RT1 to the Motorola MR350R which has a battery life of more or less 10 hours, this is a significant difference. However, it’s possible that it lacks some of the functionality included in the aforementioned models.
The Retevis RT1 has a range of 4 miles, which is still remarkable when compared to devices like the Motorola MR350R. The gadget, according to the manufacturer, can cover distances of 1-3 kilometers in urban areas, 2-5 kilometers in villages, 2-8 kilometers in open fields, -2 – 50 storeys in structures, and 3-10 kilometers along the coast.
The manufacturer’s honesty in providing such information is commendable, especially when other companies emphasize their coverage’s breadth.
The Retevis RT1 has a frequency band of 400-520MHz. This product has 16 channels and boasts 166 privacy codes making communication with this two-way radio very easy and smooth. In using the UHF frequencies, a license is needed in order to not be an “illegal” user of this product.
- VOX Functions:
- The Retevis RT1 includes a hands-free mode that allows you to use the device using your voice, which is a feature included in most current two-way radios. You may use the radio to converse without touching any buttons if your hands are engaged with work.
- Great Speakers:
- The audio quality of the Retevis RT1 is superb – loud but sharp and clear. Even in loud situations like construction and field operations, you can clearly hear the audio, proving that it’s suitable for business and industrial use.
- Lockout on Busy Channels:
- If the device identifies an ongoing discussion on the same channel as the one you’re attempting to access, transmission is automatically disabled. This guarantees that your discussions remain private at all times.
- Scramble Function:
- The scramble feature on the two-way radio encrypts the signal that is being broadcast. Your receiver will have to decrypt the message in order to decode it. This improves the privacy and security of your interactions even further – ideal for official or commercial purposes.
- It’s ideal for filtering out background noise because it has ten adjustable squelch levels. This significantly enhances the audio quality, ensuring that you have a clear conversation at all times.
- Emergency Alarm:
- You never know when an emergency will strike. At the touch of a button, this model may transmit a distress signal to other radios.
The Retevis RT1 is somewhat on the pricier side of the spectrum when it comes to two-way radios. Although the price is pretty steep, it is clearly a good investment if you have the need for a heavy-duty walkie-talkie.
In comparison to its quality and the way it works, the price is actually a pretty good deal which makes it one of the best heavy-duty walkie-talkies out there.
- Powerful Speakers
- Sturdy and Heavy Duty Build
- Busy Channel Lockout
- Long Battery Life
- Scramble Function
- Long Battery Life Span
- The product isn’t waterproof
- It’s a bit pricey
- On the heavier side
Conclusion – Retevis RT1 Review
The Retevis RT1 is a durable and well-built gadget that can withstand a lot of use. It has a durable casing, simple operation, long battery life, loud speakers, privacy features, and a scrambling functionIt’s’sfunctionIt’s’s a wonderful choice for companies, industries, and the outdoors in general.
For any and all uses, the Retevis RT1 is a great selection compared to other devices that are pricey, yet the features and quality don’t measure up to the price.
These professional walkie-talkies are designed for hectic work situations where communication is critical and will thus be invaluable to you and your companions during your encounters with the unknown.
Its 3000 mAh battery allows for virtually all-day continuous usage, with a standby period of 260 hours. These powerful rechargeable walkie-talkies can keep you connected for a long period.
Retevis, like other two-way radios on the market, has an ultra-high frequency that may aid you in a variety of weather conditions. However, like with other two-way radios, it is susceptible to interference from the surroundings and terrain.
It features a loudspeaker, and the clarity of the loudness has been compared to that of a cell phone. Advanced voice companding and transmissions are included, providing you with excellent sound to enjoy while also improving communication between all parties.
Although the premium pricing may put a strain on your wallet, it will undoubtedly elevate your survival experience to new heights. This is a strong candidate that would make a great addition to your walkie-talkie collection.
Where can I find a Manual for the Retevis RT1?
If you are researching the Retevis RT1 and want to see what the user manual looks like you’re in luck since the manual is on the Retevis website. Here’s the link to the user manual for the Retevis RT1: https://www.retevis.info/document/RT1-A9106A.pdf